1xbet Ads

bet9ja Ads

Monday 22 August 2022

NL TALK!! How Olamide Transformed From Human Beings To God, Spirit & Oracle In The Music Industry

Olamide Gbenga Adedeji, is a Nigerian rapper and singer.

He is one of the biggest and most influential artists in Africa.

He records in Yoruba and English. In 2011, he released his debut studio album Rapsodi while signed to Coded Tunes. Later on, he found his own record label, YBNL.

I want to briefly tell you how Olamide changed from a normal human being into a God in the entertainment industry.

I remember vividly when I watched Olamide’s first video, Eni Duro.

That day has been etched in my mind. It was 4:00 am.

I remember getting struck by how wild that video was. Mehn, I counted over 25 outfits the man switched in that video.

While that was the first time I was seeing such in a video, something else struck me. That raw energy. That guy rapped like someone who had no other choice than to rap. You know, like it was his only lifeline.

I remember telling myself that this guy is something.

Two weeks after, Eni Duro was hot across all radio and tv stations at the time. You would think he were my brother the way I was excited about his success.

In one year, that guy took Naija by the storm. Olamide would drop singles upon singles and with every new one, it gets better. At the time, only one group I felt hacked making hits in Nigeria — Psquare. Olamide came and soared.

Few years down the line, he started the hardest collaborations with Phyno that would go on to redefine music collaborations in Naija. Because at the time, it was a rarity hearing one person rap in igbo and another rap in yoruba, with its product being an absolute soundgasm.

Olamide’s rap prowess was and still is untouchable. But among many things that’s great about Olamide, one that has made me to love him over the years is his penchant for always helping new talents gain recognition.

It took one post few weeks ago to realize Olamide has been the driving force behind over 12 big musician’s success. And one weird thing is how this guy only rose to stardom in the last decade.

I was discussing with a friend about this and I told her the only rational explanation why this guy has been like this is that he sees himself in all of these people he has helped.

Every upcoming artist at the time must have reminded him of himself about 10 years ago, and he must have thought, if I.D Cabasa could believe in me that time, I can do so for this person too.

So, he keeps paying it forward and forward. Now we have a list of stars that are gracing our airwaves all thanks to Badoo.

Badoo has proven himself through and through. He is a big shoe in every sense of the word.

What’s your thoughts regards to this?

Drop your comments below

The post NL TALK!! How Olamide Transformed From Human Beings To God, Spirit & Oracle In The Music Industry appeared first on Naijaloaded | Nigeria's Most Visited Music & Entertainment Website.

No comments:

Post a Comment